SEND Parent Nurture Group
A group counselling course for parents of disabled/neurodivergent children in the South-West to nurture emotional wellbeing.
Using compassion-focused approaches led by a qualified therapist and a fellow SEND parent, this eight-week course will help you stay emotionally well. Taking place in person or online, it’s an intimate circle where you can connect with others on a similar path and find belonging, support and space to process your emotions.
What will the Nuture Groups be like? The themes covered may include:
- Reflecting on the story of you and your child so far
- Exploring the unique gifts that our children bring to this world
- The wellbeing practices we can embed in our lives
- Identifying our coping mechanisms and checking that they truly serve us
- Learning how to relate to our emotions with self-compassion
- Finding out which of our relationships help and which hinder
- Reflecting on the role of ableism in our society
- Working out ways to nurture your mental health after the course has finished
- Nurture groups are supported by funding from the National Lottery. Sessions are free but we ask for a donation from participants, however small.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Parents can be referred or refer themselves.
- Contact name:
- Naomi Bonger
- Contact position:
- Murmuration Community Therapy
Nurture Groups are held online and in locations across Bristol. Upcoming autumn groups are taking place at St Werburgh's Community Centre and St Paul's Children Centre.