Supportive Parents is the South Gloucestershire Special Educational Needs Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS). SENDIASS is a statutory service the local authority must provide.
How we help
We provide Children and Young People (0-25 yrs), Parents and Carers with free, confidential, and impartial information, advice and support to help them participate fully in planning for their special education, health and social care needs, as well as for their future. Children and young people can use our service independently to ensure their views are shared, they understand educational processes and can contribute in decisions about their future.
What we offer
Telephone Support – You can speak to our Information, Advice and Support line advisors, all year round Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm on 0117 9897725.
You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a contact form on our website https://www.supportiveparents.org.uk/contact-us/
- SEND Resources and Leaflets – Resources, leaflets and toolkits covering a range of topics are free and available on our website.
- SP-16-25 – We have a web-based resource specifically for young people 16 to 25 years of age with SEND.
- Paperwork – We can help you with planning paperwork, letters, contributions, reports, statutory assessments, reviews, etc.
- Meetings – We can help you to plan and prepare for meetings. We may provide support at meetings where capacity of the South Glos IAS team allows.
- Face to Face Support – We offer appointments for meetings at our office and may be able to offer other face to face visits dependent on the South Glos IAS team availability.
- Support Groups – See our website for details about day and evening support groups meetings.
We aim to encourage parents and children, young people and professionals to work more closely together in the best interests of children and young people, to voice the views of parents, children and young people and raise awareness of SEND.
Information for professionals
A guide to help professionals understand the role of Supportive Parents, South Gloucestershire’s SENDIASS.
Supportive Parents provides the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) in South Gloucestershire, Bristol and North Somerset.
Understanding SENDIASS for Professionals is a guide for professionals working with children with SEND. It has information about:
- who Supportive Parents are
- what their service offers
If you have questions about the service, email email@example.com.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Parents, carers or young people can contact us directly, no referral is required. Professionals can support individuals to make contact with us directly.
Local Offer Information
Supportive Parents provide information, advice and support about SEND to children and young people up to 25 years old, and their parents and carers.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 14-18 (Transition to adults)
- 18-25 (Young adults)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Targeted service
- Specialist service