The Breakthrough mentoring team support people of all ages, from children to adults with a range of needs.
We assess individual need through our referral process to create a bespoke support plan. Based on an initial face to face meeting, we will match the service user to the mentor we think they will get on with the best, based on both personality and interests.
We work one to one with our service users, however if required, we can also provide group support. During the initial meeting, we will look to find out about the activities that interest and inspire the service user, which can range from creative arts, outdoors & nature, sport and fitness, getting out and exploring areas, volunteering, life skills, community groups to relaxing and talking. All of the activities we provide help our service users to build natural relationships, confidence and positive mental health.
Each Breakthrough placement needs to be funded in order for us to provide support to a service user. We can support individuals as part of their Direct Payments allowance, as part of contracts within organisations, schools and academies or we can arrange individual payments if you are self-funding
To make a referral, please download and complete a referral form which can be found on the Breakthrough Mentoring webpages, and follow the referral instructions on the page.
Realising talent is a West of England Combined Authority (WECA) funded pilot scheme, led by Bath and North East Somerset Council. The scheme provides additional support to young people aged 14 - 16 to improve their opportunities at, and transitions to Post 16 education and training. It is for young people:
- aged 14-16 at risk of not participating in education and training at post-16
- living in the West of England: Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire
- identified via participating schools as in need of support
The scheme offers mentoring, careers advice and guidance, and additional courses to improve health and wellbeing, confidence, life skills and college/job ready skills.
Schools and parents can contact the following project leads to enquire about eligibility for the programme:
- Bath College: Sally.Eaton@bathcollege.ac.uk
- Bath and North East Somerset Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bristol City Council: Delyse.Taylor@bristol.gov.uk
- South Gloucestershire: Carolyn.Maggs@southglos.gov.uk
The Realising Talent privacy notice is also available to read online.
Local Offer Information
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 4-11 (Primary school)
- 11-16 (Secondary school)
- 14-18 (Transition to adults)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Targeted service
- South Gloucestershire Council commissioned short breaks
- Breakthrough mentoring webpages
- 01454 864449
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Badminton Road Yate South Gloucestershire BS37 5AF Get directions