Strategic mental health forums
South Gloucestershire Mental Health Partnership (SGMHP)
The Mental Health Partnership is made up of a wide membership including service users, carers and a range of voluntary and public sector organisations. The group:
- meets regularly through the year
- is the main local forum coordinating mental health work across South Gloucestershire
- leads on the local needs assessment, strategy and action plan
- works to an annual forward plan that is used to measure progress which is reported publicly but also to the Health and Wellbeing Board who have oversight for this area of work.
Local needs assessment, strategies and action plans
SGMHP are responsible for the completion of a local needs assessment for adult mental health and emotional wellbeing. This document provides an overview of mental health and mental health services in South Gloucestershire. It also makes a series of recommendations detailing key actions to improve mental health in South Gloucestershire.
Our local approach to mental health is outlined in the South Gloucestershire adult mental health and emotional wellbeing strategy, withspecific actions detailed in the related mental health action plan.
Some of the documents on this page are currently being updated, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnership meeting minutes
All Mental Health Partnership meeting minutes are available to the public. Please email email@example.com with requests for electronic copies.
South Gloucestershire CYP mental health strategy group (children and young people's mental health)
The strategy group meets throughout the year and
- has a broad membership including voluntary sector groups, public sector partners including the Integrated Care Board, parent/carer reps and South Gloucestershire Council officers
- meets regulary through the year
- is the main local forum coordinating CYP mental health and emotional wellbeing work across South Gloucestershire
- has responsibility for the development of the CYP Mental Health needs assessment and development and delivery of the CYP Mental Health Strategy
- works to a plan which is reported publicly but also to the Children’s Partnership who have oversight for this area of work.
The group has developed an action plan and is heavily involved in improving the approach to mental health and emotional wellbeing for all CYP in South Gloucestershire. This includes whole population prevention and promoting wellbeing as well as improving care for those who need it.
The current needs assessment is available here: and the current Strategy is available here. Please note the Strategy is being updated and the new version will be made available as soon as it is published.
Minutes of the strategy group meetings are available on request via firstname.lastname@example.org