Children's centres in South Gloucestershire
Children’s centres offer families with children aged 0-5 years a free range of services, information and support in a friendly and welcoming environment, within the local community. They are also used by community organisations, including those working with the council to provide family services.
The council and local early help providers continue to share information and advice for parents with children under the age of 5 via their new Facebook page where you can find a wealth of guidance and support for families including useful resources.
The six South Gloucestershire Children’s Centres are open to the public, however due to the current Government guidelines opening hours may vary.
Please contact your local Centre using the information in the links below:
- Filton children's centre
- Cadbury Heath children's centre
- Kingswood children's centre
- Patchway children's centre
- Staple Hill children's centre
- Yate Cranleigh Court children's centre
Activities and support at the Centres are developed around the needs of families and the local community – examples may include:
- Parenting support, including group parenting programmes for children 0 – 5 years
- Breast feeding support.
- Support for families experiencing hardship or poverty
- Advice around topics affecting families experiencing domestic abuse
- Advice and support for families where children have additional needs
- Support for local families in finding groups and activities in their local neighbourhood
- Advice to access adult learning & community learning
- Advice on local support groups
- Support to access Post-natal groups
- Information and referrals to local Foodbanks
If you have any questions or concerns at all about your child, contact your local Health Visitor service. Your local Health Visitor service offers support for parents of all children (from pregnancy to age five), whatever their circumstances.
Visit the Community Children’s Health Partnership website to find out how to contact your local Health Visitor.