Children's centres in South Gloucestershire
Children’s centres offer families with children aged 0-5 years a free range of services, information and support in a friendly and welcoming environment, within the local community. They are also used by community organisations, including those working with the council to provide family services.
South Gloucestershire's Children’s Centres are all closed at the moment, but the Families Plus Team 0-5 are continuing to work from home. The council and local early help providers have been sharing information and advice for parents with children under the age of 5 via their new Facebook page. Visit the page here for a wealth of guidance and support for families including useful resources.
There are six children’s centres in South Gloucestershire:
- Filton children's centre
- Cadbury Heath children's centre
- Kingswood children's centre
- Patchway children's centre
- Staple Hill children's centre
- Yate (Cranleigh Court) children's centre
Activities and support at the Centres are developed around the needs of families and the local community – examples may include:
- Parenting support, including group parenting programmes for children 0 – 5 years
- Breast feeding support.
- Support for families experiencing hardship or poverty
- Advice around topics affecting families experiencing domestic abuse
- Advice and support for families where children have additional needs
- Support for local families in finding groups and activities in their local neighbourhood
- Advice to access adult learning & community learning
- Advice on local support groups
- Support to access Post-natal groups
- Information and referrals to local Foodbanks