South Gloucestershire Memory Cafes
If you are living with dementia South Gloucestershire Memory Cafes offer the opportunity to spend time with other people also experiencing dementia and their carers in a fun and relaxed environment.
Please contact individual cafes to check their opening times.
Memory cafés offer a friendly welcome for anyone affected by dementia, or worried about their or someone else’s memory. They provide practical information and support in an informal and social environment. You can learn new skills, enjoy activities, listen to guest speakers and make new friends.
There are several memory cafes in South Gloucestershire, some are operated by the Alzheimer’s Society and some are run by community volunteers.
- Alzheimer’s Society currently run two Memory Cafés per month, in Longwell Green and Winterbourne. For more information, contact Group Activity Support Manager David Stone on 07544 764 929, or email David.Stone@alzheimers.org.uk or SouthGloucestershire@alzheimers.org.uk.
- Longwell Green Memory Café meets on the 1st Monday of each month, 2pm to 4pm (excluding Bank Holidays) at Longwell Green Community Centre, Shellards Road, Longwell Green, BS30 9DU.
- Winterbourne Memory Café meets on the 4th Thursday of each month, 2pm to 4pm, at the Greenfield Centre on Park Avenue, Winterbourne, BS36 1NJ.
- Connect – Wotton-Under-Edge takes place every other Tuesday at the chipping Club Room, Wotton-Under-Edge GL12 7AA between 10.30am and 12.30pm.
- Thornbury Memory Café is run by local people, and supports those in Thornbury and the surrounding area with some form of memory loss. The café meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 10.15am in the Methodist Church Hall. Anyone with a memory problem, together with a carer or friend is welcome. There is time for chatter and meeting with others. Please contact Sue Rowley 01454 412941.
- The Retreat Memory Café St Stephen’s Church Hall, Church Road, Soundwell, BS16 4RH. Meets on the second and fourth Monday of the month 10.15am – 12.15pm. Free to attend. Refreshments, craft, singing and games all included. For further information contact Kirstie on 01454 868570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Car parking is available for café members.
- Haven Memory Café provides a friendly welcome for those recognised to be dealing with memory loss and for their carers. We offer tea and cake and an opportunity to chat and sing with others in a bright and comfortable hall. There is no charge. We meet at the United Reformed Church, Chapel Street, Thornbury, BS35 2BA, on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month 10.15am-11.45am. Contact via the website or call Stuart on 07913241437 or Sue on 07794370903 or email email@example.com
- Doynton Memory Cafe provide a friendly, relaxed and welcoming setting with refreshments. At each meeting there will be a range of activities for people living with the varied forms of dementia and an area for carers, where they can chat, and support each other. Takes place in Doynton Village Hall BS30 5SY from 2.00pm until 4.00pm on the first Thursday afternoon every month. Contact 07817311001
You can find further help and support with dementia in these articles: