Reading well - mental health for children
The Mind You website provides a helpful reading source to support mental health and wellbeing for children. The books in the Reading Well list are targeted for those aged between 7 and 11 years old, but includes a wide range of reading levels to support less confident readers, and encourage children to read together with their siblings and carers.
A full list of titles are available for each of the following topics:
- Healthy minds – information about maintaining good mental health
- Feelings – understanding and managing feelings
- Dealing with worries
- The world around you – including school, online and in the news
- Dealing with tough times
- Living well with a diagnosed condition
All books are available from your local library
For young people aged 11-18 there is the Reading Well for teens which help you deal with a range of topics including:
- Confidence and Self-esteem
- Body image
- Mood swings
All of the books are available at your local library and a number of them are available as an eBook or eAudiobook.
There is also a range of books available for adults, visit the Reading Well website to find out more.