Support for caring for someone with an acquired brain injury

If you are caring for somebody with a brain injury, depending upon the severity of the injury and its effects, you may have to make considerable changes to the way you live.

Headway has lots of practical advice for you, as a carer. They have a Bristol branch who offer carers’ support, as well as support for the person you care for. For further information:

You should also consider a carers assessment to give you the opportunity to discuss your support needs. See our article on carers assessments for more information. 

If you would like to arrange a social care assessment for yourself and/or the person you care for you can contact the Council’s Adult Social Care team: