Applying for college

If you want to apply for a place at a college, you will need to apply directly to the college of your choice and not the local authority (the council). 

You can find a list of local colleges in our local directory

If you are not sure about the course area or qualification that you would like to study, further education colleges are able to provide careers information advice and guidance, and will be able to advise in relation to your next steps.

University Technical Colleges (UTCs) are set up by universities and businesses and specialise in one or two technical subjects. You can read more about applying to a UTC in this article.

Further career information and tools for 11-19 year olds are also available at