Work related benefits and support

Employment Support Allowance 

Once your child reaches 16, they can claim benefits such as Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

This benefit is for people who have a health condition or disability that limits their ability to work.  It can be claimed from age 16, but only if no one is claiming Child Benefit and/or Child Tax Credit for them.

Further details about employment and support allowance (ESA) and how to make a claim are on the government website

Access to Work

If your child is at work and the help they need is not covered by their employer making reasonable adjustments, you may be able to get assistance from Access to Work

Specialist Employability Support

Specialist Employability Support is intensive support and training to help your child to work if they are disabled.

You can apply if other employment programmes and schemes, such as Access to Work, are not suitable 

Work and Health Programme

The Work and Health Programme helps you find and keep a job if you’re out of work.

It’s voluntary - unless you’ve been out of work and claiming unemployment benefits for 24 months.