Do you think you have what it takes to be a Breakthrough Mentor?
Our team at Breakthrough Mentoring are keen to hear from people who are interested in becoming a Mentor. If you like a challenge and want to make a difference in people’s lives, please get in touch with us.
Mentoring is a dynamic, collaborative, and reciprocal relationship in which both the mentor and the mentee take an active role. It can empower people of all ages to build:
It can also provide emotional support, guidance and a sense of stability.
As a mentor you will:
- Listen and support
- Ask questions to help develop yours and the mentee’s understanding of a situation or problem
- Help mentees identify areas for development/opportunities
- Offer information and provide knowledge
- Identify and introduce networks/support services/professionals
- Act as a sounding board and use critical questioning to empower the mentee to solve problems
- Provide guidance and offer different perspectives
- Inspire and offer encouragement
- Discuss outcomes and/or goal setting
- Identify resources that can help the individual
- Help mentees to develop or access support to build skills, knowledge or experience
- Encourage self-reflection and be an advocate for your mentee.
Being a mentor can provide an opportunity for more variety in your working life, and many mentors often find that they themselves learn and develop from the process.
It can also be a challenging and stimulating way to make a difference to others. Most importantly it can give you great satisfaction from seeing others develop, succeed and meet their outcomes.